Independent Transdisciplinary Designer
A selection of Exhibitions & Publications that feature some of Shahee Ilyas’ work:
- Brain Pickings – Color as Data: Visualizing Color Composition, 2010
- Data Flow (2008 Die-Gestalten, Germany) Visualising Information in Graphic Design.
- IDPURE (N°13, 2007) The Swiss magazine of graphic design and visual creation.
- IEEE Visualization 2007 Conference in Sacramento, California. USA, forum for data and information visualization advances for academia, government, and industry. Co-curated by Golan Levin, Fernanda B. Vigas and Ben Fry.
- Kelvin – Colour Today (2007 Die-Gestalten, Germany) investigating today’s evolving perception and application of colour.
- Fragile Earth (2006 Harper Collins UK) showing the extraordinary effects of man and nature providing insights into our possible future world.
- Gentlemen’s Quarterly – GQ Magazine (May 2008 Italy) on Style | Design section.
- Filmbase, Dublin, Ireland (2008) as part of “Synth Eastwood Show 5 Flags & Anthems”
- Gallery BLAAK10, Rotterdam, NL (2008) as part of “global / positions / systems”
- WORM, Rotterdam, NL (2007) as part of “PZI Media Design Invades WORM”.
- PZI Overblaak 85, Rotterdam, NL (2006). As part of “PZI Show”
- Information Aesthetics – Data visualization & visual design
- ColourLovers – Colour & design for creative inspiration
- Visual Complexity – Exploration on mapping complex networks
Shahee Ilyas is a transdisciplinary designer integrating graphic design, data visualisation and computer programming in his work. His research examines the modulating power of images on social, philosophical and political values. He received his Masters in Arts from the Piet Zwart Institute for postgraduate studies and research, Willem de Kooning Academy in The Netherlands, and studied Architecture at the University of Oregon, USA.